Friday, October 7, 2011

In case you missed it...



Eco-Fab Fashion on the rise! I used this image in a previous post called Eco-Fab Fashion but I just had to use it again because it makes me giggle.

For those that know me, know I am no fashionista! I am good with flip-flops and casual hippie-esque clothes.  However I get very elated to see more and more designers (most I have never ever heard of) using eco-friendly practices and material in their clothing lines.

I recently read an article from ecoterre and stumbleupon showing fashion shows coming out of Milan that were eco-friendly.  Amazing! Milan of all places, the mecca of fashion.   I have complied some of the designers showing in Milan as well as some other links you can check out.  Personally, what I look for in clothing; quality, organic, fair trade, non-leather, natural fibers (organic cotton, hemp, bamboo) and eco-friendly manufacturing.  Our skin is basically one big sponge that absorbs just about everything it comes in contact with and traditional clothing has so many chemicals processed in with the manufacturing your skin is sucking it in. 

Check out some of these designers and links let me know what you think.  If you have any eco-fab clothing you buy at a fair/reasonable price let me know I would love to hear from you!

The first 11 links are designers shown in Milan the rest are companies and links I have found.
white show

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...