What is body brushing?
Body brushing is using a natural bristle brush, not one that uses synthetic materials and at least one that has a long handle to get all areas of the back side too. It increases circulation throughout the skin and most importantly our lymph nodes.
Increased circulation: which helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite
encourages cell renewal
Lymphatic drainage: lymph nodes collect our toxins in our body and the quicker we can rid our body of it the better our immune system will be and the better we feel.
Helps muscle tone
- Best time to do it: morning! I don’t want dry skin all over my bathroom so I actually take the brush into the shower, dry brush inside the shower before turning on the water.
- Brush in gentle circular motions going upward and toward the center of your body.
- Begin at your feet and ankles
- Move up the legs and thighs (don’t forget the back of the thighs) to the stomach brush the stomach
- Brush from the hands up the arm towards the center of your body
- The back is the only section of your body that you will brush down from the neck towards your bum
pictures via: wellandgood.com
Then shower!!! Alternating cold and hot water to increase the circulation and increased circulation is just better!Start on a weekend when you have a little more time so that you can get used to but incorporate it into your daily routine! You will love it.