Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cleaning...

I will be the first to admit, cleaning is not a chore I care for because it just well yuck! However, a dirty smelly house much much worse!  Right?!  The cleaning products most homes use are so incredibly toxic that a face mask should be worn, really.  Not to mention the chemicals being sent down the drain just ends up in our steams, lakes, oceans and even back in our drinking water.

I have been using many eco-friendly products that actually do their job.  Each time I try another eco-friendly product I always end up returning to Method!
I know I have mentioned them before but there was this nifty little new product I must discuss!


I do not know what employee of Method thought of this amazing little creature but they are GENIUS!
First I love the sponge holder at the top.
Second I use this just about everywhere because the cleaner does not run.  It is so nice and thick I even use it as a toilet cleaner because it stays put right under the rim soaking away.  A little goes a very long way!
Third...the smell! Oh so yummy, not at all like traditional cleaners.

I will be honest I have found only one item so far I cannot get behind and jump for joy!

I have been trying this product for sometime now with no success.  It does clean the plates but it leaves behind a white filmy residue.  Maybe it is because I have hard water, I don't know.  I just can't seem to get it to rinse clear at all.  I have to re-wash and this eco-friendly mama does not like to waste water to re-rinse dishes!

What eco-friendly cleaning products have you tried?
~Deanne

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Just a side note on the dishwasher tabs....
I put about a 1/4 cup of vinegar in the dishwasher at the beginning of the wash cycle. No white film on my dishes this time and no extra washing/rinsing dishes. I really believe it is my hard water that causes the tabs to leave behind a film. Thanks Method for the suggestion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...