Saturday, October 22, 2011

discoloration update...

This past August I wrote about some discoloration that appeared on my face during the last month of my pregnancy (8 years ago now).  I am tired of trying to cover it up with make-up and could not afford to see a dermatologist to help.  The marks are on both sides of my face starting on the outer cheek bone and moves up to the outer portion of my forehead.  It kind of looks like freckles that are merging together.

As I stated in my previous post I am an avid sunscreen user since about the age 20.  I will be the first to admit like many of my friends my age as a child and teen sunscreen was a foul word.   However, I have decided to try this product by Alba and I did only use the night cream not the day and night so the results could be different had I used both.

I will say I am still using the night cream but I have not noticed any change in the marks on my face.  I did take photos over a 5 week period and it can be hard to see the marks in the photos.  The product however made my skin feel very soft and hydrated but it did cause me to break out the first 2 to 3 weeks.

WEEK 1

You can just see the darkening on my cheek bone.

Here you can see the mark on the outer 1/3 of my eye.

Kind of see the darkening on my cheek.

You can see the marks far better when there are no lights shining on it.
Look above my eyebrow you can see the splotchy marks and how it moves down past my eye then on my cheek.

Another view.



WEEK 2
I tried to be sure I took the exact same shots as above for week 2, 3, 4 and 5.
I see no improvement in the discoloration.









WEEK 3
None of the pictures turned out....completely bummed!


WEEK 4
Still no change in the marks and my skin is recovering from breakouts that started after the first week I started using the night cream.






WEEK 5
Still no change in the discoloration however my overall skin texture, hydration and tone has greatly improved.







I am still using the product because well the jar is not empty, I hate wasting it.  I am considering getting the day cream and trying both together to hope the dark marks on my face with appear lighter.  I may just have to some day pay for a dermatologist to try microdermabrasion instead.

Sadly I am disappointed. :-[
~Deanne

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...