Friday, May 6, 2011

cook it!

Yes I just recently spoke about cookware but clearly it is important enough to repeat!

Nonstick cookware contains a chemical called PTFE:
chemistry: polytetrafluoroethylene or to you and I, Teflon!
This nifty little chemical when heated, overheated really, breaks down into a toxic fumes that we inhale as we cook our family a lovely meal.  It just takes something like 2 to 5 minutes to overheat filling the room with these toxic fumes.  It then lines our lungs causing allergy like symptoms.  Yum!

Time to upgrade that cookware, switch to ceramic (my fav), stainless steel, or cast iron.

happy cooking

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...