Friday, March 16, 2012

Ah...music to my ears!

It isn't often that I blog about my son because as he puts it, "I like my privacy Mom."  I could not resist to brag about my son playing drums.  He started this a few months ago thanks to a very generous Uncle (my older brother).  Well, last night he got to show off his talents playing along Michael Jackson's Billie Jean.

I am so proud!

I have never seen him so focused, concentrating so much and best of all...when he got lost in the song he listened to find the beat again.  Why is that a big deal?  Listening happens to be very difficult for him.  He was diagnosed with ADHD some time ago, which he struggles to listen, focus and concentrate.  BUT, not when he drums, not when he listens and plays music.  The only other time I have seen him so focused...drawing.  I am thankful for my brother to pay for these lessons because this single mama just doesn't have it in her budget.



Next...he wants to be in tackle football in fall and soccer in spring! Oiy...I need to make more money in a hurry!  
~Deanne


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...