Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A penny saved....

counter top bag & bottle dryer

bag-e-wash

So the saying goes a penny saved is a penny earned, I like to say a penny saved is one less penny I have to earn!

I have not bought plastic bags in about 7 years.  I use, wash, reuse until they either have a hole in it or fall apart!  I do not buy conventional plastic bags anymore either, only the biodegradable kind now.  However, about 7 years ago as my son and I were finally moving out of the domestic violence shelter into our own place many household items were donated to us to start over.  As much as I would like to say I said no to non-ecofriendly items, that would be a lie!  When in need the last thing you do is say no to gifts to help you out.  Anyhow that is another story for another day.


I think buying plastic bags is one a waste of money with so many reusable bag options and two you can reuse those little plastic bags over and over and over.  There are two options if you still want to buy or reuse plastic bags: counter top dryer rack or the bag-e-wash.  I use both.  The counter top rack is great when you need to wash just a couple and don't have room in the dishwasher plus it can dry bottles and caps perfectly.  The bag-e-wash is for the dishwasher so you can just put those plastic lunch bags on the rack in the wash! Perfection!

You can purchase these items at this link!

Biodegradable Plastic Bags


Reusable Bags


So start saving them pennies and the environment too!

~Deanne






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...