Thursday, May 5, 2011

Serve me up some of that!


Berries, berries give me more berries!  In my home we eat them as soon as we get them!  I am hoping I didn't miss the growing season because my goal is to grow my own since the prices in the store are RIDICULOUS!  Price gougers!

Whew I am back, had to pick myself off the floor! Got a little dizzy from yelling at the screen.  I forgot you can't hear me!

Personally speaking I feel anything that grows which you may eat it or wear it should be organic but there are some fruits that are a must if you can not buy all organic foods.  Why do I say this?  Well berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc) are sprayed with multiple types of pesticides.  Some crops of food are sprayed with one or two not berries they are sprayed with a whopping 13 different chemicals.  Holy crap do they even taste like a damn berry!?  Just a side note, when you look at berries like strawberries they have all those dimples that the seeds sit in on the outside of the berry which make it really hard to wash off chemicals.  So they sit there just waiting for you to drop in a bowl of delicious yogurt thinking you are doing a body good. 

Pesticides are killing our friendly bugs along with the "pest" plus making those "pests" resistant to pesticides so we make them stronger in dose.  As my son says "it is a cycle man".  A cycle we must get off.  We are losing our bees along with the "bad" pests.

~Deanne

top fruit to buy organic: peaches, apples, all berries


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...