Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Are you sure that's grass?



I recently posted that I was working on my back yard to grow strawberry clover to reduce water use.  As I am patiently waiting for a day that is not below 40 degrees over night it came to me.  "WHY THE HECK AM I PLANTING ANYTHING THAT REQUIRES WATER!"  Yes I did hit myself in the forehead and yell at myself.  It never occurred to me that I should put synthetic, artificial turf down instead.



Don't play we want curbside appeal!  We can get it and save water too!  I figure keeping our grasses green takes water, weed killer, and mowing.  Not with synthetic turf made out of recycled material without lead there is no daily, weekly, monthly or yearly expense.  Yes of course there is the initial upfront installation expense but after that think of the money saved on water, weed killer and time used in the maintenance.

I was so against artificial grass for years because they leech lead into the soil but as I have found more and more companies are being forced to go eco-friendly version making it without lead and with recycle material.  I am seriously considering foregoing my project on re-seeding my dead lawn!

Here are just a few companies:
New Grass
Paradise Greens
Home Turf
You can also check out Home Depot and Lowe's.

Namaste

D :}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...